Savoury Buttermilk Swirls
1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp salt
1.5 tbsp Canola oil
1 tsp heaped, sugar
1/3 cup Pizza Sauce
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or vary with 1/8 cup cheddar and 1/8 cup grated cottage cheese.
1/4 cup grated mozarella cheese (or more)
fresh ground pepper
Origano or any other dried herb of choice
- Preheat oven at 180C
- Mix oil and sugar till sugar dissolves
- Seave together salt, flour and soda.
- Add it to oil and sugar mix. Add buttermilk little by little to form a soft pliable dough. Do not apply too much pressure. Just bring the dough together with a light hand.
- Dust a plain surface with flour and roll the dough into a rectangle of 1/8″ thickness.
- Spread pizza sauce (I didn’t have any, so used tomato basil pasta sauce).
- Sprinkle grated cheese and herbs.
- Roll it in gently. Cut small disks out of the roll, about 1/4″ thick.
- Place them gently on a lined cookie tray. The disk were too soft to handle. Hence I did it with the help of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or till slightly browned for a soft crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes for more crispy crust. Serve hot!